Is Seeding Cheaper Than Sodding?June 18, 2020
August Gardening TipsAugust 1, 2020
Southern Sodgrass offers Organi-Post, it is sourced from only High-Grade food waste and is the highest quality compost available. Southern Sodgrass is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products available along with the best customer service in the industry.
Where does compost come from?
Well, Compost can come from basically three different sources.
- Crop and farm waste – including manure, which is a natural source of nitrogen but also pathogens. If the composting process isn’t managed properly or allowed the proper amount of time to “cook”, pathogens may still be present in the compost
- Municipal waste – yard waste picked up by the city and composted by a municipality. This includes chemical residue from homeowners treating weeds in their yards, which may not “cook out” during the composting process and could be introduced to your yard through the compost.
- High-grade food waste – waste food from restaurants picked up by the composting company and used to produce the highest quality compost, free from pathogens and chemical residue.
Organi-Post adds a massive amount of Organic Matter to native soils lacking it, going rom 0.5% to 5-6%. It also helps increase water retention by 4 times. This compost adds particles to the soil to help decrease the packing properties of clays in the soil, which we have a lot of in North Carolina. Organi-Post also does a lot of other great things for the soil like:
- Introduces “good bacteria”to the soil to promote beneficial aerobic processes in the soil
- Adds nutrients that are good for plants that most turf products don’t include
- Helps level uneven ground
- Adds air and water channels to soil down to the root level
- The composting process sterilizes weed seeds
- Adds surfaces for nutrients to be held in reserve when the plant needs them
At Southern Sodgrass we want to help make things easy and convenient for you. This is why we offer Compost Delivery. We will bring the Organi-Post to you! All you need to do is give us a call and tell us how much compost you need. If you are unsure of how much you need, we can help you figure that out. Then you just schedule a time for us to deliver it. Give us a call today to schedule your compost delivery!
Southern Sodgrass and Landscape Supply can help you get the “greenest” lawn in your neighborhood. We serve most of central North Carolina, contact us today for more information about our sod products and to schedule a delivery day and time. You can reach us at (336) 996-4SOD that’s (336) 996-4763.