Sod Delivery Pilot Mountain, NCOctober 3, 2018
Keeping Your Grass Green During The FallSeptember 24, 2019
Step 1: Understanding the Benefits of Organic Compost
- Native soil can be lacking in organic matter, organic compost can add that back into the soil, increasing it by up to 35%
- Plants use water at the root level, organic compost increases water retention at the roots by up to 4 times.
- You don’t want the packing properties of clay in your soil. Organic compost adds particles to the soil to help decrease this.
- Organic compost introduces “good bacteria” in to your soil. This promotes beneficial aerobic processes in the soil.
- Organic compost is ph neutral.
- It is also high in calcium content
- Most turf products don’t include a lot of nutrients that are good for plants, organic compost does.
- It adds air and water channels to the soil down to the root level.
- No one likes weeks. The composting process sterilizes weed seeds.
- Organic compost adds surfaces for nutrients to be help in reserve when the plant needs them.
Step 2: Understanding the Uses of Organic Compost
Organic compost can be used for a number of different things including:
- Leveling yards
- Potting plants
- Preparing flower gardens or flower beds
- Preparing vegetable gardens
- Preparing for installing sod or new seed bed
- Topdressing to reintroduce organic matter to lawns or gardens
Step 3: Understanding the Sources of Organic Compost
Organic compost can come from three different sources:
- Crop and farm waste – Manure is a natural source of nitrogen, it also contains pathogens. If the composting process isn’t done properly, pathogens may still be present in the compost.
- Municipal waste – Yard waste is picked up by the city and then composted. This waste can include residue from homeowners treating weeds in their yards. This may be not be taken out during the composting process and could be put into your hard through the compost.
- High-grade food waste – Food waste from restaurants is picked up by a composting company. They then use this to produce the highest quality compost free of pathogens and chemical residue.
Southern Sodgrass offers Organi-Post, it is sourced from only High-Grade food waste and is the highest quality compost available. Southern Sodgrass is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products available along with the best customer service in the industry.
Southern Sodgrass and Landscape Supply can help you get the “greenest” lawn in your neighborhood. We serve most of central North Carolina, contact us today for more information about our sod products and to schedule a delivery day and time. You can reach us at (336) 996-4SOD that’s (336) 996-4763.